My pregnant daughter bough a breakfast item at Jack in the Box on North Lamar in Austin, Texas yesterday and noticed a bad taste. She opened it up and part of the eggs were grayish green. For some reason they did not give her the original receipt so when she went back with this product to tell them, they basically said "oh - well those are bad eggs". They said it as if this is standard practice to feed this quality food to the public. The manager did not want to give her a copy of the receipt but she demanded it and he reluctantly gave it to her.
Luckily she did not get sick. I had advised her as soon as she saw that to make herself throw up - which she did - this probably saved her from being sick.
Now they did give her a full refund but the thing is, we have food safety and regulations to uphold to and this place acted like it was common practice to serve gray green old eggs to the public. My daughter is pregnant - this could have turned out much worse. Who knows who can get sick from this place. Children and the elderly have weaker immune systems.
The customer service was horrid to say the least but to knowingly serve this to the public is ridiculous and it must be known they do this here. And if here then maybe more of these chains.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Food poisoning
- Preferred solution:
- Food safety check - surprised one so they dont have time to do last minute preparation - food safety should be practiced all times not when something like this is brought to attention
- Product or service
- Jack In The Box Breakfast
- Review category
- Fast Food
You May Also Like
- "I ordered 3 boneless buffalo combos on Wednesday, 3/2/16. My daughters and I sat down to eat and after eating about 3 or 4 wings we discovered that the chicken..."
- "I go to the Jack in the Box on Montrose just about every morning but the service and food are just a day to day you might get great tacos..."
- "This one in Dallas on 30 and Illinois has been here 40-50 years. It needs to be remodeled. Its dirty and nasty dusty as hee. Chairs, walls, tables and everything..."
- "I consider myself a deal hunter, and I always surf around to find the best prices. I found Compandsave during Cyber Monday craziness, they were selling my Brother LC103 ink..."
- "I was quoted $30 to $40 for a used tire. I was sold a dry rotted tire, 1st 1 they brought out was the wrong size. Also was charged extra..."
- "Very disappointed with our Coast Spa and the service provided to keep it running....Motor #2 was not functioning, so I called the dealer for servicing and was told that it..."
- "All seams on the chair the dye is all coming off to an ugly white colored leather underneath. Barely any use to the chair. I contacted Slumberland and they said..."
- "So i bought 2 Gronk Editions today before work. Halfway through the first one, there was some brown slimy tapeworm looking things on the rim. So i thought i had..."
- "I received the order for 4 x Samsung Level U PRO BLACK after 2 weeks. I have contact them by e-mail because this company does not have a phone number..."