Jack in the Box knowingly serves bad expired eggs
My pregnant daughter bough a breakfast item at Jack in the Box on North Lamar in Austin, Texas yesterday and noticed a bad taste. She opened it up and part of the eggs were grayish green. For some reason they did not give her the original receipt so when she went back with this product to tell them, they basically said "oh - well those are bad eggs". They said it as if this is standard practice to feed this quality food to the public. The manager did not want to give her a copy of the receipt but she demanded it and he reluctantly gave it to her.
Luckily she did not get sick. I had advised her as soon as she saw that to make herself throw up - which she did - this probably saved her from being sick.
Now they did give her a full refund but the thing is, we have food safety and regulations to uphold to and this place acted like it was common practice to serve gray green old eggs to the public. My daughter is pregnant - this could have turned out much worse. Who knows who can get sick from this place. Children and the elderly have weaker immune systems.
The customer service was horrid to say the least but to knowingly serve this to the public is ridiculous and it must be known they do this here. And if here then maybe more of these chains.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Food poisoning
- Preferred solution:
- Food safety check - surprised one so they dont have time to do last minute preparation - food safety should be practiced all times not when something like this is brought to attention
- Product or service
- Jack In The Box Breakfast
- Review category
- Fast Food
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had a very old promotional Chipotle coupon that looked like a playing card, good for a free Burrito. There is no expiration date and I have used others in..."
- "I go to the Jack in the Box on Montrose just about every morning but the service and food are just a day to day you might get great tacos..."
- "Purchases a 52 oz (1.47kg) can of Planters Extra Large Virginia Peanuts from our local Sams store SCAN CODE # 2900001039 with expiration date of 07FEB17EX07:55. The bottom of half..."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "We purchased the Cindy Crawford, "Crosby Street" feather sectional in May of 2015. I didn't realize that I was buying a hazardous couch until the first time I sat on..."
- ""I ordered the Empire-V-Neck-Short-Mini-Taffeta-Bridesmaid-Dress- in Lavender. I received my dress on Thursday in Light Blue! I contacted them to see if they can exchange or do something about the dress..."
- "Movinghelp.com was recommended to my neighbor who had rented a U-haul truck by the U-Haul folks. The mover had his own pickup truck there & his girlfriend driving it...."